What we believe about student learning:
- Every child has the potential for high achievement.
- Every child must have access to rigorous work at every level.
- Everyone is responsible for students learning.
What we believe about teaching:
- Good teaching matters. We must leave nothing about teaching and learning to chance.
- Student work must be relevant and designed to actively engage students in learning.
- Results matter. Student learning must be frequently assessed and
students who need extra help must receive it in a timely manner.
What we believe about schools:
- Schools must be organized around the needs of students rather than the work or interests of adults.
- It is our obligation to ensure that every child develops positive relationships with caring adults at every level.
- Good character, citizenship, and employability count. It is our
intention that every student become a contributing member of society and
the work force.